Friday, March 27, 2009

Dumpster Dive




Last weekend Chris found the dresser above next to the dumpster of our apartment. Some of our neighbors were moving out. I wasn't home at the time, so he gave me a call and asked if he should pick it up. Not knowing what it looked like and only going off of his taste, I said, "Sure, I guess". I am so glad he has the same kind of vintage taste in decor that I do. Then, today we went to a local estate sale that had this exact same dresser along with the rest of the set for $350. I wish I could afford that right now, but I will call myself blessed to be the owner of this vintage dresser, which was absolutely free!

Other vintage finds from last weekend include an elephant planter and two strands of New Orleans Mardi Gras beads, Circa 1977.

4 comments:

  1. That's really gorgeous. Is it in good enough shape on the inside, or do you have to work with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!!! stupid neighbor for throwing it out! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! It's actually pretty clean inside and out and well-taken care of. I have no idea why they would throw out something so nice. Maybe, it has a poltergeist? We put it in the dining area and use it for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad at all mona,for former garbage. can't wait to see the next great find at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete