Saturday, March 14, 2009

Calico Courtney Brooke, my muse










I love Flickr. I love pictures. I love the seventies vintage vibe that I get from Calico Courtney Brooke's photography. Her photos are just stunning! They remind me of innocence and seduction at the same time. Of being a free spirit..... Of me being on the road with Chris...not a care in the world, driving down some nameless stretch of highway in Tennessee singing out of tune to Johnny Cash. Of walking into a convenience store in the middle of nowhere in Arizona and having some handsome stranger smile and nod as he looked in my direction. And of Chris's overprotectiveness of me wherever we went, day or night. As a girl, you can never be entirely free.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love those photos. I like the style,and era. Very gritty 70's.


    -Johnny's Drive in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I feel like I should have been a teenager in the 70's. And not in the 90's with fads like Vanilla Ice and Cross Colours. Chris has a whole box full of those pants in every single color. He won't throw them away.

    ReplyDelete